New Member Information
How to Apply for Membership
You’re an appraiser, a small business owner, making money off your skill, knowledge, and the sweat of your brow. But you don’t have to go it alone!
IADA can be your support network. As a nonprofit trade association for auto damage appraisers, we provide all the support you need as an IA.
Since 1947, membership in IADA has been the surest path to success as an independent appraiser. Membership includes:
– New assignments and clients facilitated by IADA
– Our highly cost effective E&O and General Liability insurance package (absolutely vital for an IA to avoid financial ruin)
– IADA 401k Retirement Plan
– Software discounts on estimating software, appraisal tools, valuation products, and more
-Access to IADA’s educational programs
– IADA support network provides you logistical and administrative support, as well as access to the full knowledge of our extremely experienced membership.
-The highly valuable name recognition of IADA behind your company
-Support an organization that advocates on behalf of IAs and actively works to promote our role in the industry
-Networking and conferring with a nationwide network of skilled colleagues
– And more!
Are you ready to play in the big leagues?
Please note that, although IADA does operate a claim portal, claims administration is not the primary goal of our organization and we cannot guarantee a specific number of assignments to any member. Due to our status as a non-profit 501(c)(3), we are limited in how we can compete in the claims administration space. For instance, federal law prohibits us, as a trade association, from dictating pricing to our members, therefore we cannot incentivize clients with flat pricing.
Although IADA membership provides invaluable benefits to any IA, we respectfully discourage any membership applications which would be made for the sole purpose of acquiring more claim volume. IADA membership is a long term commitment for Independent Appraisers who want to invest in their future.