During the coronavirus epidemic, it is important to change your behavior, for your own health as well as that of the people around you. The following guidelines will help prevent contamination for those still working in the field during this difficult time.
Please remember– just because you don’t feel sick doesn’t mean you aren’t carrying the disease and can spread it to others who may be more vulnerable to the virus.
1. Social distancing— Maintain a distance of three to six feet minimum to other people.
2. Do not shake hands. It will not be considered rude during an epidemic.
3. Wear disposable gloves at all times outside your vehicle, make sure to dispose of gloves before touching any surfaces you intend to touch without gloves.
4. Wash your hands as often as possible, thoroughly with soap or high alcohol hand sanitizer.
5. Avoid touching your face.
6. Cough or sneeze into your shirt or elbow, sanitize as soon as possible.
7. Do NOT enter appraised vehicles, take pics from a distance or request owner send interior pictures as needed. Most clients are making allowances during this time.
8. Do not physically handle or exchange paperwork, including registrations. Take a photo without touching, or have a copy sent digitally.
9. Consider using remote appraisal or photo apps where possible.
10. If you feel sick, stay home!
Attached is a printer friendly version of these guidelines. Please save and distribute this document to all field staff.